Shirm's logo
plaster productscorniceC1-C16corniceC17-C32corniceC33-C48corniceC49-C64Ceiling CentrepiecesPelmet, Vents, ClockNiches, CorbelsFriezes, RailsWall Panelscatalogue

History of Shirm Plastering

This company is the longest running plastering business in the Casino area. Established by Ron Shirm (a very well known businessman and Casino identity for many years) in 1952, he originally setup business in Kyogle where he remained for about 2 years before relocating to its current premises at 189 Centre Street Casino.

It was here that Ron built the large shed so that he and his workers could produce fibrous plaster and plaster /ornate cornice. As well as making the plaster products off his 20 cornice moulds and tables, Ron and his crew also fixed and set the plasterboard and cornice. Over the years the shed has been extended numerous times to keep up with the large demand for plasterboard.

It was in 1980 that Ron’s son, Geoff Shirm, started his apprenticeship with Ron and eventually took over the business all together during 1991. Geoff has since continued the success of the business and the tradition of quality service throughout the surrounding districts.

In 2007 Geoff’s wife, Diana Shirm, started working in the office of Shirm Plastering and at the start of 2008 Geoff and Diana’s son, Michael Shirm started his apprenticeship.

On the 1st July 2008 Shirm Plastering purchased Coff’s Plaster Product and moved the 70 fibreglass cornice moulds and 25 ceiling centres to their 189 Centre St business in Casino, as well as an assortment of other fibreglass moulds for vents, pelments, wall panels, arch ways, friezes, rails, niches and corbels.  

   Geoff,Diana & Michael